Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mission Seven



EQUIPMENT:
Canon Rebel XT

PHOTOGRAPHER'S NOTES:

Today's mission began around 3:45. It was a warm, sunny day, so people and wildlife alike were out and about.

I didn't have my zoom lens on me, which made getting clear shots difficult. Still, I like this photo. The squirrel's position is cute and I like how the tree branches form a triangle around him.

I do wish I could have gotten a closer shot of the squirrel's face, though.

Also, I have good news! The newspaper I work for has two Rebel XTs, but last year, one of them started working very slowly. Thinking I had lent the only good camera to one of my photographers, I went out with the slow camera--not expecting much luck-- and my cruddy point-and-shoot strapped to my hip, just in case.

I saw a squirrel early on in my hunt and turned on the slow camera, which... wasn't slow anymore! It took the photo right away, which baffled me at first, since I hadn't played with any of the settings. Then I remembered I'd switched its memory card yesterday. I guess the one in it before must have been faulty. It's the only explanation I can think of...

But, hey, I'm just happy I have two decent cameras to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment