Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mission One





EQUIPMENT:
Canon Rebel XT


PHOTOGRAPHER'S NOTES:
The first squirrel hunt for Operation Squirrel A Day started around 12:30 this afternoon. My campus, which is usually riddled with frolicking squirrels, was devoid of any. Determined not to let this minor set back get in the way of my happiness, I decided to try again later.


As 2:30 rolled around, I decided it was, in fact, "later" and once again went on my squirrel hunt, this time finding bountiful game.

The little guy in the above photo wasn't shy around people. He let me get within a couple feet of him (I didn't dare go closer). I took quite a few "good" shots of him with a nut, but chose this action shot to post as my first Squirrel A Day photo.


I like how he's running and how the fur on his side is rippling. It would have been an interesting shot from the front, as well. I also wish the side of his tail hadn't been cut off. Other than that, it was a successful first day.


Mission (part 1): accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment